Our members believe that when someone becomes pregnant, they have the right to choose between parenting, adoption, and abortion. Our work seeks to transform Wisconsin into a state that trusts women and allows them to create the families they choose in an environment of economic security and physical safety.
We create political change by helping elect candidates and pass legislation that increases access to abortion, contraception, and other reproductive healthcare.
Our key activities:
- Campaigning on behalf of pro-choice candidates for the Wisconsin Assembly, State Senate, and Governor’s office.
- Working with lawmakers to progress a pro-choice agenda.
- Drafting legislation that increases reproductive freedom.
- Fighting against laws that restrict reproductive freedom.
- Training advocates to create change in their communities.
- Educating the people of Wisconsin on the importance of reproductive healthcare and bodily autonomy.
We are an affiliate of NARAL Pro-Choice America, and work on the state level to pursue their mission of enhancing reproductive freedom for American people. There are many NARALs across the USA and we are proud to be a part of this network of courageous nonprofits. While we share a name, we are all funded separately.
NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin is the political and electoral arm of our organization. As a 501(c)(4), this nonprofit can endorse political candidates and campaign on their behalf.
The NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization, and like most charities, cannot endorse candidates. This arm of our organization concentrates on public education and policy development. Donations to the Foundation are tax-deductible.